Sunday, May 31, 2009

En Route to Mt Kinabalu and Gala Convention




I am now back in Sabah. Back to the good food, the good beach, and one of the world's most beautiful sunset. I'm Home!

So far, we have about 100 Savers signed up after two weeks, this is quite an accomplistment, but I am sure we will be at the 400 Savers mark just before the KK Launch.

Mr Ong has assembled a crew of 45 people to climb Mount Kinabalu this coming July and I will be part of it. I've ascended to the top once, in December 2007. It was a very enriching experience. Then I was still training for the SUKMA 2008 and I would say I was rather fit. Now with the hiatus from track, I have to regain running again. Last one week, I obtained the Asics Gel and a Timex Ironman wristwatch. I have been running 15 mins a day since. I also bought the May Issue of Runners World.

What I've noticed about Runners World is that it contains a lot of information and motivation regarding preserverance. Top athletes not only are able to run faster and stronger, but are able to take more pain. They too have the tendency to stop, due to muscle fatigue, pain in the joints, breathlessness, and most of all, the mind. They share their stories of how they train, how dedicated they are and most importantly, how they took the pain.

It's like MLM in a sense, we make gradual paces, we dream that we want to achieve high ranks and high incomes, but if we just do the minimal, we would not reach it. Instead, taking the pain, enduring the rejections, the uncertainty, the swimming against the cultural current will get us to where we want to. 
 
Aaron Peirsol, an Olympic swimmer who recently beat Michael Phelps, was invited to give a speech to a crowd of primary school students. He was showing his medals to the kids proudly, but what he said afterwards inspired me. He said " Although the medals were special, the hard work, determination and friendships behind them are far more valuable". 

Let us work hard and reach the peak of both Mt Kinabalu and Gala Convention!


No comments:

Post a Comment